Thursday, August 7, 2008

Exciting News!!!


First, Tara had the baby!! David Walker Loveless was born yesterday (Wed, Aug 6, 2008) at 11:13pm. He was 7lbs 9oz & 19 & 1/2in. I haven't had chance to see him yet as we left right before they started prepping her for delivery, but Joey saw him when he took Tara something to eat. So not fair! Oh well, I am told he has a full head of hair & is the 2nd Cutest Baby in the whole world, Livvy being the first. Of course, that's not a biased opinion by any means...Joey's the one who said it. This is the only picture I have of him for now. But I promise to post more soon! So cute!He's not exactly thrilled to be out in the cold, air-conditioned world yet, but I hear he's adjusting well. Mommy is doing good also, after a long & taxing labor. I'm so proud of her!! And Daddy(B.J.) is fully enjoying fatherhood.

Second, Livvy finally slept in her crib all night!!! Yes, she has a crib in the room to sleep in now. She's too long for her bassinett.) After only sleeping for 4hrs over the previous 3 days, I got 5 glorious hours of sleep. Mom offered to take her for the night so we could sleep, but I said she was fine for another night. And it looks like it did the trick! Ok, maybe I shouldn't be celebrating too much because it could come back to bite me. But I enjoyed it since I didn't get sandwhiched in our double bed between a husband & baby that both like to sprawl out. Let's just say, I hope she continues to do this. To some, this might not sound like super exciting news. But you will learn one day it is the simple joys in life that make it so sweet. For me, this is my simple joy right now!

4 comments:

Christian, etc. said...

That is so awesome! I am so glad I checked your blog!

Emily said...

That is the best news to any mother who wants more sleep! So I am happy for you :)

Robyn said...

How wonderful for Tara! A great name, strong. :)

And YAY for Livvy sleeping in her crib all night! Auntie Robyn is proud. Hehe. :)

<3 Loves.

Marla said...

YAY for a new baby! So cute! Oh, and sleeping babies are the best! I hope she keeps it up for you.