Sunday, October 19, 2008

A whole half-a-year!


On October 1st Livvy turned 6 months old! She's getting so big, it's crazy! I look back at the pictures of when she was first born & think "What happened? She was SO tiny then!" She constantly amazes me. She learns more each day & even impresses herself sometimes. She has the cutest expressions, the most gorgeous smile, the gentlest touch, the sweetest(& "wetest") kisses, the most heartwarming snuggles/hugs, & the most adorable laughs & giggles. She truley is a miracle. The Lord's most beautiful gift he could have ever given me. Children are incredible blessings.
Those of you who have children understand what I mean. Never take anything for granted, even the frustrating times. One day you'll look back & wish you had enjoyed things much more & long to hear the laughter & patter of little feet.
If you don't have any yet, you will know one day. So look forward to it!
And for those of you who see your children growing up, cherish what you have & what you have had. The Lord thought enough of you to trust you with one of his most precious. It is no coincidence that they come when they do. We all come for a reason.
As parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents, brothers, sisters, & friends we are all resposible for caring for, loving, & teaching these giant spirits in little bodies. But don't let yourself forget to learn from them. They have alot to teach us!

Happy 6mo birthday, Livvy! We love you more than you will ever know & we will forever!

Look how long/tall she is!


I love her kisses! Too sweet!


Look at that belly! At least you know she's fed well!

9 comments:

Emily said...

What a sweet heart! I love what you wrote, it is very touching!

The Evers Family said...

She is so cute!!!

Robyn said...

I teared up reading this Kate.

You are amazing and so is your family. I love you dearly. :)

<3 Robs

Jessica @ One Shiny Star said...

Awww, in the kisses picture she actually looks like a doll! I understand what you mean - kids grow up so fast. Every time I go home my siblings have grown into new people! It's crazy how that works!!!

Farrah said...

She is absolutely adorable!

About Us said...

Katie she is Sooo adorable!

elisa said...

Oh she is so cute and she looks just like Joey. I can't believe how cute and how much like Joey she looks. I can't wait to see her in a week or so!!!! Love Nannie and Aunt Elisa, and Jalene, and Janele

Shauna said...

What adorable pictures! Thanks for sharing :)

Marla said...

I can't believe she's so big already! She was so cute today in Sunday School!!