Sunday, December 14, 2008

The 40th Annual Knoxville Nativity Pageant

Right after Thanksgiving, we began practices for The Knoxville Nativity Pageant. This event, in it's 40th year, boast a 120-member cast, 200-voice choir, live animals, & much more. See this short synopsis on Knoxville's website.

My family has participated for years. Dad has been in the choir for about 30yrs, Mom has been for at least 7yrs, Dad’s Mom (Mom Maretta) sang in the choir for many years as well, & I have been in for 11yrs. I sang in the choir for 5yrs, then I was a villager in the cast for 2yrs, & then for the past 5yrs (with the exception of last year, as I was unable to perform due to pregnancy.) I have been a Heavenly Host Angel in the cast (no chuckles, please).

If you have never seen this beautiful depiction of the Christmas story, please consider taking the time to with your family. If you have, please join us again!

Where: The Knoxville Civic Coliseum
Admission: Free
Parking: Approx $5 in garages beside & across the street.
When: Sunday, Dec 14, 2008 @ 3pm (Today. Sorry!)
Monday, Dec 15, 2008 @ 7:30pm
Tuesday, Dec 16, 2008 @7:30pm
It is best to arrive early for a good seat & parking. Also, the performance takes place in the dark so it is good to already have your seat before it begins.

1 comments:

Marla said...

Oh I bet that is so neat!! I didn't even know Knoxville had anything like that here.