Sunday, February 1, 2009

Hairspray!


That's right! My birthday present finally got here! Ok, let me explain. For my birthday Joey got me tickets to go see the Broadway production of Hairspray when it was planning to come to town in January. Well, they came. We went. We sang along. We loved! Ok, maybe I loved it more than Joey, but he still enjoyed it! It was amazing! If you have yet to see a production of it or the movie, you are missing out. It is definitely one of my favorites. I am a sucker for musicals though. Especially the corny ones. And this one is definitely that!

One thing I thought was funny was that while I was watching the cast perform on state, dancing & singing it reminded me. When I was younger, my family took me to Dollywood alot. We would watch the shows, & I would tell my family that my dream was to one day be one of those people on stage. Keep in mind that this is after my dreams of growing-up to be a bagger at Krogers (What? I was three & I loved the grocery store.) & becoming a professional pretzel maker at Auntie Ann's (I still fantasize about that one. Gosh, I love pretzels!). So, here I am almost 20 years later. I'm not a dancer anymore, or a singer. Things happen, things change, some dreams fade. But that one never did. I would still love be on stage in a show like that. Just for fun. But I'm afraid my Arthritis-inflicted joints would not thank me for that. Who knows though, maybe one day I'll be that woman who, when all her kids are grown, will take up dancing. But it will have to be before Joey retires & we sit in our rockers on our front porch all day. Haha....yeah, like we'll ever not be busy & have the time to do that! But who knows. A girl can dream! So now my question is, what have been some of your dreams? Feel free to share! And go ahead, laugh at my childhood dreams that for some reason revolve around food.

0 comments: