Monday, November 24, 2008

Catching up on "first's" #1

I included in the title of this "#1". Why you might ask? Maybe it's because I know myself enough to know that I will more than likely be behind on updating everyone on "1st's" at some point in time again. I know, hard to imagine. But things happen!

First off, on Sept 29th Livvy turned over for the first time! Only from belly to back though. Back to belly wasn't until Oct 16th.

On Oct 9th we took Livvy in for her 6mo check up. She was 17lbs, 15oz & 27in long. She had grown SO much in just 6mo!! We also got the clear to start her on baby food other than cereal, which we did that night. Her first food was green beans & she loved it! Now she has tried all the veggies, most of the fruits, & is working on the meat combinations.

In between all this Livvy has been trying to crawl, pull up, stand, & even take steps! She's not quite got the whole crawling thing down yet. She rocks though! Maybe she'll be like me. I barely crawled any time, just went straight to walking at 8mo. Oh no, if she does take after me...look out! She's still a little wobbley when she stands, but she gets really excited about it! If the notion hits her, she trys to throw your hands away & take off on her own. Then she realizes, she's not sure how & flops down on her toosh. She's very proud of her new shoes too & loves to walk in them! She's not content just to sit still anymore, it's time to be in the floor and on the move!

Then, on Nov 6th Livvy cut her 1st tooth! She had been having trouble sleeping for a couple nights & now I know why. Coincidentally, she also got sick for the first time that night. We figure it was because her saliva was so acidic that it just upset her stomach. Poor baby! Oh! And she cut her 2nd tooth on Nov 17th.

Last & most recently, she seems to be attempting to say names. While Grandma (my mom), Mamaw (my mamaw), & I have been trying to get her to say things like "Momma, Mamaw, Grandma", Grandpa has been trying to get her to say "Grandpa", Joey has been trying to get her to say "Daddy", & when we visited a couple weeks ago Nanny & Papa (Joey's parents) & two of our nieces, Jalene & Janele, were trying to get her to say all of their names too. But she opted for "Di-di", which we believe to be "Daddy". On, Nov 15th Joey was playing with her when we got home from a date night. They were laughing & playing, when she started to rub her eyes because she was sleepy. Joey looked at her & said "Oh, Livvy!" Sympathy apparently makes you fall asleep faster, so she quickly tried to stand up & start jumping agian. After a minute she was getting sleepy agian. She decided she needed snuggles, so she looks at him & said something that sounded like "Oh, Di-di!" & reached to hug him. It was too cute!! Joey was really proud & excited that she apparently said his name first, of course. She said it a few more times that night even. Then the next day after church, Joey had a meeting, so Livvy & I sat in the hall waiting for him. She wasn't very happy he was gone, so I was trying to distract her with her picture album we made. When we opened the book to the picture of Joey she grabbed it & patted the picture & kept saying "Di-di! Di-di!". I know they aren't supposed to know what "Dada" & "Mama" really mean or associate them with people yet, but it seems like she does. Who knows! I attempted to get it on film, but all she did was smile.

We're a little proud...can you tell? I'm sorry I don't have any pictures now. If she's playing & I get the camera, she won't turn over. If she's smiling & I get the camera, she clamps her mouth so I can't see her teeth. I haven't gotten anything of her standing up or walking yet. And good luck getting her to say "Di-di" on video. I'll keep trying though...I promise!

1 comments:

Emily said...

What a sweet story! What a fun little girl you have!