Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Make it happen!

So there's this super talented signer/songwriter I know. He is the oldest child of a family we have gone to church with since I can remember & I've grown up with all of them. Well, Derek found out this week that a video of one of his songs is in the CMT Music Madness Contest on CMT.com! The song is "My Hero" & it is amazing! Click this link to see the video.
Please, go to this link & vote for Derek Hinckley so he can move on to the next round. (Click on VOTE on the left hand side) You can vote as many times are you like, so the more the merrier! He has already gotten enough votes to move on the the 2nd round, which is currently going on. But he still needs all the votes he can get to put him in the Top 16 next! The 2nd round ends on Nov 10th.

This is a great opportuinty for Derek & we wish him all the best! How great would it be to know you played a part in helping further someone's career & in turn put good, wholesome music on the radio?

The whole Hinckley family is uber talented! For more information on their music & talents check on these links (always on my sidebar):
Air Tight - The Hinckleys band(The parent's)
The Hinckley Brothers- The boy's band
Lindsay Jane Photography- Derek's sister's company. Amazing!
Seven Mile Buliding Co. - Derek's company

7 comments:

About Us said...

that's awesome! I'm going to have to check it out!d

Jessica @ One Shiny Star said...

I voted for him!!!

erin said...

Hey Katy! Livvy is so adorable. I cannot believe she's 7 months already. It's been awhile since I've seen her. I wanted to let you know that I have a blog now. Hope to keep in touch!

erin said...

Just answering your post on my blog...On November 15 you can show up at the zoo during normal business hours and you get in for free. I believe they close at 4:30 but they stop letting people in at 3:30. Hope you get to go! Oh and if you do want to go to the Magpie thing, just click on the link in my post for directions. Looks like I'll get to go after all. I can't wait!

Robyn said...

I voted for him!

The Evers Family said...

He is really good!

Laura said...

Hi Katy (and Joey), Hope you guys are doing great! Livvy is precious.