Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas Eve 2008

This year Christmas felt a bit scattered. On Christmas Eve, my mom’s family all comes over to Mamaw’s for dinner & presents. This was the first year that not all of us were able to make it. My aunt & her family are in Texas preparing for a move to Saudi Arabia (& we all know how I feel about that) so they couldn’t make the trip up. And one of my uncles & his family was unable to be there as well. Although we were all there & my other uncle brought his family, it was just odd to think that things are changing. I always thought that I was open to change. But the older I get the more I realize how much I count on things always staying the same, & when they don’t I feel a bit lost & begin to fell melancholy. I don’t like that feeling. But I know that with change comes new traditions & memories to cherish. It’s just really hard for me to let go. But unfortunately, things don’t always turn out the way I would like them to. Although, I keep telling everyone if they would just listen to me & do what I say to world would run a lot more smoothly. (I know. Go ahead. Laugh. Ok, not that hard.)

So, now that that’s out of my system for another year….Christmas Eve we spent at Mamaw’s house with my Mom, Dad, Mamaw, my Uncle Vince, Aunt Rox, & my cousins Katie & Sam. A much smaller crowd that usual, but still very nice. The food was wonderful as always & we enjoyed opening presents, talking, & listening to Christmas movies playing in the background. After everyone left, we put Livvy to bed & finished up wrapping presents (See, I told you I was behind this year!). I didn’t take any pictures of that, but here are the pictures that we had taken of Livvy at the Fantasy of Trees with Santa.

0 comments: