Monday, January 12, 2009

The new year thus far...

So far, the new year is going well. At church, I received a new calling. My mom & I are now the Nursery leaders for our ward & we love it! The children 18mo-3yrs & are so sweet. We have a wonderful class of kids & it amazes me how much someone so little can teach us. Although I’ll miss my 6-8yr old class, I know they will be put in good hands & I look forward to learning in Nursery.

The weekend after New Year's we went up to Joey’s family’s cabin for a night, just the three of us. We had to come back the next day, but it was very nice to just spend time as just us. But in retrospect there are some things we should think about next time. 1) We packed & went up after I got off work one night. We should pack & leave earlier. 2) When it rains in the mountains, it gets really foggy. Which is bad on dark mountain roads. 3) We need to plan to either stay longer, or stop over-packing. It takes too long & too much energy to pack, unpack, relax, & repack in less than 24hrs.

So far the new year has been fun, relaxing, & very enjoyable. But things are beginning to pick up. Joey started a new part-time job with the church as the Maintenance/Custodian for our ward & school started back on the 7th with a crazy schedule. The good news is, the new job means a little more money to help out when we move & only 1 more semester of school to go after this one. :D Yeah….we’re happy. This month's schedule is promised to be busy. But stay tuned for the pics...however long it takes me to post them.
We’re very blessed & this year seems to have started off on the right foot!

The road through the park

A foggy morning in the mountains
Wearing Daddy's slippers
Chillin' with Daddy

1 comments:

Unknown said...

love the foggy photo.